Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A to Z Challenge Q Quiet

Quiet
My favorite time of day has slowly but surely become early morning. Especially in the spring.
As I sit on my patio this morning it's not silent but it is quiet.
From a distance I hear the bluejays & cardinals chirping & singing. They're making a lovely sound that is both calming & exciting. Reminding me that spring is here & the ground is ready to burst forth with blooms of all colors & scents at any moment.
I can smell the tangy, bitter but also sweet smell of the wild onions that grow here in North Alabama.
This is peaceful, it's relaxing & it feeds my soul. This kind of quiet reminds me to stop for a moment & be thankful. To appreciate living so close to nature & all of the beauty God has created for us.
Soon the sweet smell of honeysuckle & roses will be added to my mornings. Then the quiet, solitary chores of watering the garden while everyone else still sleeps. My days are filled with noise & laughter & busyness but these quiet mornings? They're just for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment