Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A to Z Challenge R Reading

Reading
I don't know about you, but I like to visit different countries, worlds & realities as often as possible. I love the idea of hiding away between the pages of a book, becoming someone else, if only for a while.
Reading is my escape, my therapy, my education. Without the books I've read I wouldn't be who I am. Through reading I've learned to stand my ground, when to give in & back down. I've realized that I don't know as much about the world or even about myself as I may have once thought.
Delving into books showed me that there is often no black & white but bright, brilliant shades of gray & sometimes dark, ominous shades too.
Hearing that wonderful creak when stretching a books binding for the first time will never fail (I hope) to give me a thrill. The smell of old worn leather covers that promises a new adventure each time & possibly a few life lessons along the way is irresistible.
For me reading seems as necessary as food or air.
Must say goodbye for now...there is a trilogy waiting to be read, my mind desperate to learn & my heart beating hard at the thought of falling in love, again....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment